The 2018 Zuppa Summer Student Apprentices
(Assistant Producer; 2 positions)
The Participant must be an individual who:
- -will be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) on June 25th 2018
- -was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- -intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- -is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
- -is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection -has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- -is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
*Foreign students are not eligible.
Experience in and comfort with project management, fundraising, promotions and audience development are assets but not essential.
We seek diversity in our team and encourage applications from all people, especially members of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour) communities, gender-nonconforming and non-binary persons and people with disabilities.
Most of the work will take place at The Halifax Central Library, 5440 Spring Garden Rd. Some time may be spent at Halifax Dance in The Maritime Centre at 1505 Barrington St.
10 Weeks. 35 hours a week. Monday June 25th – Friday August 31st. Monday – Friday 9:30AM – 4:30PM.
Zuppa Theatre Co. is an acclaimed, internationally-recognized theatre company. The Zuppa Assistant Producer should be a highly motivated, budding artist or arts administrator with an entrepreneurial spirit. During the ten-week mentorship the student will get hands-on experience in all aspects of company activity.
The first half of the contract coincides with a period of fundraising and project management. The apprentice will assist the co-artistic directors in executing various items in their portfolios including: private donor fundraising campaign, corporate sponsorship, project planning and management, grant writing and audience development and outreach through social media, website and e-newsletters.
The second half of the contract will be a development phase of the upcoming Zuppa show, This is Nowhere — an innovative, large-scale public performance with support from major public and private partners. In collaboration with members of the creative team and under the guidance of the production’s director, the apprentice will participate in performance simulations and development of the show. This will involve trial and error and creative problem solving.
$12 an hour X 35 hours per week X 10 weeks
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is Monday June 4th with interviews following directly after the submission deadline.