The 2017 Zuppa Summer Student Apprentice
The Participant must be an individual who:
- -will be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) on June 26th 2017
- -was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- -intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- -is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
- -is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- -is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
*Foreign students are not eligible.
Halifax, Nova Scotia. Specifically, the Zuppa office in downtown Halifax and the Dalhousie University Arts Centre on University Ave.
9 Weeks Monday June 26th – Friday August 25th. Monday – Friday 9:00AM – 5:00PM 39 hours a week
The Zuppa Summer Student Apprentice should be a budding artist, with entrepreneurial aspirations and an interest in arts administration. During the nine week mentorship the student will get hands on experience in all aspects of company activity.
The first half of the contract coincides with a period of fundraising and project management. The apprentice will assist the co-artistic directors in executing various items in their portfolios including: private donor fundraising campaign, corporate sponsorship, project planning and management, grant writing and audience development and outreach through social media, website and e-newsletters.
The second half of the contract will be an early development phase of a future Zuppa show. In collaboration with members of the creative team and under the guidance of the production’s director, the apprentice will participate in the rehearsals and development of the show. The apprentice will primarily work as an performer/creator during this time but may also contribute to writing, designing, and directing tasks.
$12 an hour X 39 hours per week X 9 weeks
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for applications is Monday June 5th with interviews following directly after the submission deadline.