JOB OPPORTUNITY: Outreach and Administration Associate
This is a Canada Summer Jobs – funded project. Applicants must be returning full-time students.
Hours – 35/week for 10 weeks
Rate of pay – $10.70/hr
The Outreach and Administrative Associate will assist Zuppa’s artistic directors in the the planning and execution of Zuppa Theatre Co’s annual Team 100 fundraising campaign. The employee will coordinate all newsletters, communications, mail outs, personal correspondence, and social media related to this initiative. They will also assist with day to day administration, such as managing the general email account, ensuring the social media presence of the organization, and providing supplementary administrative support to the artistic directors for grant writing and promoting Zuppa’s annual Summer Workshop Series. The Outreach and Administration Associate may also assist the company with tasks related to the development of its new production. Under the direction of the Artistic Director team, the individual will cultivate skills in working with others, organization, communication, creative problem solving and gain valuable experience in arts administration. They will be expected to be responsible for their own contributions to the work, and be responsive and adaptable to changing information.
- Ability to work with a team and individually.
- Knowledge of Apple computer systems and social media platforms.
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally by email and telephone.
Between 19 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start date of employment.
Registered as a full-time student in the 2015-2016 academic year.
Intending on returning to full-time studies for the 2016-2017 academic year
- Is a student in post-secondary training – either in university or community college programs
- Is a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- Is legally entitled to work in Canada.
This job offers experience to a full-time student who will pursue a career in arts administration. If you are interested, please send a resume with cover letter to email@example.com. If applicable, please outline any previous experience with Zuppa and its productions. Deadline for applications is THURSDAY, MAY 19th, 2016.
Zuppa Theatre Co. is an equal opportunity opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.